Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Season of Eden by J.M. Warick

Publication Date: October 20, 2009

Source: Around the World Tours


Summary:

He's my teacher. I shouldn't be alone with him. But I can't help that he's irresistible. I let the door silently close at my back. He stared at me, and a taut quiet stretched between us. "I like hearing you play," I said, moving toward him. He turned, in sync with my slow approach. He looked up at me but didn't say anything. I rested my clammy hand on the cold, slick body of the baby grand. "May I?" The muscles in his throat shifted, then he swallowed. "Eden." My knees weakened, like a soft tickling kiss had just been blown against the backs of them. "Is it okay?" I asked. His gaze held mine like two hands joined. He understood what I was really asking. "Let me stay," I said. "Please." "You're going to get me in trouble," he said.


My Two Cents:


Eden is every young teacher's nightmare. She's young, beautiful, and oh so tempting. Eden only took Concert choir to get an easy A but what she got was more than she could ever expect. As soon she lays eyes on him she knows she has to have him in every way.


Eden tempts Mr. Christian by wearing provocative clothing, biting her lips when she knows he's watching, and creating "coincidental" times alone with him. She follows him in her car, doing anything she can to get to know him on a very personal basis; even showing up at places he wouldn't expect. She decided that she would have him from the first day, justifying it with the fact that she was graduating that year and he was only a couple years older than her.

I was pretty conflicted on this one. On one hand I thought him being her teacher and her being the student was pretty disgusting. This may also have to do with the fact that I am an adult and can't imagine being with someone in high school or think that being with a teacher by any means is hot. On the other hand I wanted them to just get together and get it over with. The teasing plot really got to me after a while. The whole time I was wondering if someone would notice how their relationship seemed...different.


Unfortunately, inappropriate student/teacher relationships have happened plenty of times before in reality so I went back to being disgusted. Yes, Warick is a great storyteller, as I was on the edge of my seat every time they were alone together holding my breath. If you're a parent you'd probably frown upon this book as I did several times, but someone else might see it as just a work of fiction. My personal feelings on this subject may have hindered my thoughts of this book.

Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your comments!