Monday, March 15, 2010

Boys, Girls and Other Hazardous Materials by Rosalind Wiseman


I know I'm totally being a sucky blogger right now but I promise my followers that it's not me! My laptop has been broken for the last couple of months. So basically I must sneak and blog at work when I can. I'm buying a new one in the next couple of weeks so please bare with me until then because I've got big plans :) I've been doing a lot of reading so there's a lot of reviews coming up. Now on to my review....

Publication Date: January 12, 2010

ARC Source: Around the World Tours

Summary:

Looking for a new beginning after a terrible mean girl past, Charlie Healey realizes there’s no escaping high school drama.

Charlie Healey thinks Harmony Falls is the beginning of a whole new life. Middle school was brutal. But high school is Charlie’s big chance to start over and stay out of drama, except that on her first day she runs into Will, her ex–best friend, who had moved away. Now a varsity athlete and hotter than Charlie remembered, Will hangs with the crowd running the school. But Charlie doesn’t understand their power until an innocent delivery guy falls victim to a near-deadly hazing prank.

Torn between doing what’s right and her secret feelings for Will, Charlie must decide whether to turn in her very best friend or live with the guilt of knowing what he did.


My Two Cents:


It was pretty much your typical teen book. Charlie actually thought leaving her old neighborhood jr. high and the drama along with it would make her life easier. Little does she know drama is everywhere, no matter what school you go to. In the beginning things were really looking up for her. She started to get new friends and started her own column in the school newspaper. Unfortunately the past has a way of catching up to us. She comes face to face with her ex-friends; some gladly welcomed and others not.

There's a little bit of everything in this book as far as teen dramas go. Romance, frenemies, and bullies. Charlie learned that things like that are everywhere so eventually she stops running from these things and stands up for herself. She refuses to be pushed around any longer. Soon the time comes for her to decide between what's right and wrong even when sometimes doing what's right can hurt friendships. This book is what I call "warm and fuzzy" lol. It's not dark, and no it doesn't make your pulse quicken, but it does make you get that warm and fuzzy feeling inside when you read it because it's what you hope for and expect.

Rating:




4 comments:

  1. I have just discovered your blog. I love the name. :) Now to read more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, sometimes warm fuzzy books are just what you need! I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review! I reviewed this one myself. I edited my review to link to yours! It did have a bit of everything, but I liked that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this one out of my library now I can hardly wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments!