Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber

Publication Date: December 28, 2010
Source: Around the World Tours
Summary from Goodreads:
 
Celeste Parker is used to hearing scary stories about werewolves—Legend's Run is famous for them. She's used to everything in the small town until Brandon Maddox moves to Legend's Run and Celeste finds herself immediately drawn to the handsome new student. But when, after an unnerving visit with a psychic, she encounters a pack of wolves and gorgeous, enigmatic Brandon, she must discover whether his transformation is more than legend or just a trick of the shadows in the moonlight.
Her best friends may never forgive her if she gives up her perfect boyfriend, Nash, for Brandon, who's from the wrong side of town. But she can't deny her attraction or the strong pull he has on her. Brandon may be Celeste's hero, or he may be the most dangerous creature she could encounter in the woods of Legend's Run.
Psychic predictions, generations-old secrets, a town divided, and the possibility of falling in love with a hot and heroic werewolf are the perfect formula for what happens . . . once in a full moon. 


My Two Cents:

Okay first I loved loved loved the cover for this book. Plus I've been told that Ellen Schreiber's Vampire Kisses series is pretty good. I did identify with the main character Celeste because she was stuck between following her heart and doing what felt natural to her (pleasing everyone).


The romance happened a bit quickly. Am I the only person noticing this happening a lot lately? One page they're saying "hello" and on the next page they're making out! I love the sexy stuff but c'mon make me pant for it lol. I also found issues with her relationships with the minor characters (ex-boyfriend, best friends, parents). Her conversations with her friends didn't flow very smoothly and seemed a bit awkward for girls that are supposedly your bffs. Her ex-boyfriend was just clingy and extremely annoying. The only person I loved was Brandon. I just wish his story was fleshed out a bit more.


This was a cute book. Unfortunately I was not looking for cute when I read the summary. I was expecting something dark and dangerous. If you're a teen who wants to try out a werewolf book but don't want to be afraid to turn out the light, then this is perfect for you. It was geared more towards teens than Young Adults in my opinion. Young Adults may find this one to be a bit too kiddie. It was just okay for me.


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your comments!