Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (7)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Share the title and author, too, so others can add the book to their TBR Lists if they want
 Here's My Teaser:

"Death was sexy (and God, did she need therapy even for thinking something like that;she wasn't even Goth, for goodness' sake) and sort of nice when he wasn't being scary. But this woman, doing it with Death? That was just nasty.

~"Hunger" by Jackie Morse Kessler, Page 68

Umm yea so it's safe to say that this one is for older teens and us 20 somethings :-D

15 comments:

  1. OMG I already wanted to read Hunger but after that teaser I am dying to get my hands on a copy. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a teaser! I'm looking forward to reading the book now and seeing the context behind that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great teaser. I just added that to my "to-read" stack. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is one hot teaser. How many times have we thought that---no way should I find this guy sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that teaser! I'm kind of iffy about reading this book, so I'll look out for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser!!! Hope you are enjoying this one, looking forward to reading your review of Hunger!!!

    Here is my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this teaser!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbillsbookbazaar.blogspot.com/2010/06/help-settle-bet-ok.html
    Author of "Back to the Homeplace"
    and "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not quite what I was expecting from this book! I'm still interested in reading Hunger. I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YA Book Giveaway at: http://kateevangelistarandr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Keyona:

    Thanks so much for having HUNGER as your Teaser Tuesday! I've been trying to email you, but the messages haven't gone through. O_o Is there another email address I can reach you? Or are you on Twitter?

    Best,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa! That caught my attention ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Jackie! That's so strange. I can also be emailed at kjdavis87(at)yahoo(dot)com. Yes I am on twitter and am now following you @givemesexybooks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping by :) Am now a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay -- will try you at that email addy. Stay tuned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stopping by on the Hop. My Hop is here.

    If you hop by, be sure to enter my 400 Followers Giveaway. :)

    xx,
    E.J.
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments!